- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Daima thick yoghurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup fried onions
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. Daima ghee
- 8-10 black pepper corns
- 6-8 cloves
- 4-5 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 1/2 cups long grain Basmati Rice (80% cooked), add whole spices to flavor the rice while cooking
- Coriander leaves
Mix together chicken pieces, yoghurt, tomatoes, fried onions, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, and salt in a bowl. Mix properly and set aside.
Heat pure ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add whole spices and toss for a few seconds.
Add potato pieces and cook until they turn slight brown in color (sear).
Add cumin seeds and toss.
Now add chicken mixture and stir continuously. Cover the pan and let it cook for 25-30 minutes.
Add eggs and layer the rice on top of the chicken. Cover and let it steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Gently mix the rice and chicken.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with mint raita (optional).